"TEEN VOGUE ECLIPSE SWEEPSTAKES"
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor's discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
Motion Picture Artwork ™ & © 2010 Summit Entertainment, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION. The "Teen Vogue Eclipse Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") starts at approximately 12:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on April 19, 2010 and ends at approximately 11:59 pm ET on June 7, 2010 (the "Promotion Period"). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Conde Nast, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036 ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Summit Entertainment, LLC ("Summit") is not responsible for the administration of this Sweepstakes, the collection of entries or the selection of winners.
- ELIGIBILITY. his Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of the date of entry. Sponsor, Summit, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies and the officers, directors and employees of the foregoing and the immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. . Winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about June 8, 2010 (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. Sponsor shall have no liability for any entry that is lost, misdirected or otherwise not received for any reason or for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Time is of the essence in awarding the prize. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within two (2) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her (or such shorter time as exigencies may require); (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. (After five (5) such alternate potential winners have been selected without securing an eligible winner, the prize may remain un-awarded.) Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. Two (2) prizes are available. Each prize consists of two (2) coach airfare tickets from the major commercial airport nearest winner's primary residence in the US to Los Angeles, CA, one standard hotel room for two (2) nights at a hotel selected by Sponsor, and two (2) tickets to the Los Angeles premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse". The specific date, time and location of the premiere shall be at the sole discretion of Summit. If the winners are not able to attend the premiere on the scheduled date, he or she can decline the prize. The winners and the guests at the premiere will be seeing a film that is rated PG-13 by the MPAA. In the unexpected event that the premiere does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, the unavailability of a theater or other venue, cancellations, postponement, an event of "Force Majeure" (as defined below), or for any other reason, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event a winner or his or her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person (or if the winners or her or her guests have in the past engaged in such behavior and that becomes known to Sponsor), Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the premiere experience early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and/or his or her guests home with no further compensation. The approximate retail value of the prize is $4,000, depending on exact itinerary. Actual value may vary based on fluctuations in price for airfare and/or accommodations, and distance between departure and destination. Ground transportation, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included. Winner must be available to travel to coincide with the movie premiere in late June 2010, otherwise winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner may be chosen. Sponsor will attempt to accommodate winner's preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at Sponsor's sole discretion. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to premiere location, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel. If the winner is a minor, at least one of the travel companions must be the winner's parent or legal guardian. If the winner is not a minor, then unless they are the child of the winner, travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure.
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Summit, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Sweepstakes, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Promotion Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Promotion Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within two (2) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip). In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS, Swine Flu), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure>" event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Promotion Entities are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Promotion Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Sweepstakes based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) PROMOTION ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (vi) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WINNER LIST. For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List, "Teen Vogue Eclipse Sweepstakes," Teen Vogue, E. J. Samson, 4 Times Square, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10036.